We use the new advanced non invasive 3-D Cardiovascular Cartography that provides heamodynamic information which assist in early detection of CAD and for assessment of Cardiovascular functional status. It also called as ‘ Heart Function Test ‘
It is important to know how well the heart is functioning and how much is the blood flow reduction rather than knowing the extent of blockages. It is here that the Cardiovascular Cartography becomes significant.
It is a new advanced technique which measures the blood flow to the various regions of the heart using a technology called Trans-Aortic Signal Wave Modulation and Flow Turbulence Accelerometry. It is US FDA listed, certified by CE, EN 46001, CSA, UL, VDE etc. It is useful in early detection of Heart disease. Even a small blood flow reduction caused by blockages as low as 20% can be detected.
How is the 3D CCG testing done?
The patient’s height, weight and body shape are measured and the information fed into the CCG monitor
The patient is made to lie on the bed and disposable electrodes are placed on various specified locations on the chest wall and connected to four pairs of leads for generating and measuring signals. Four leads for the Electrocardiogram are also placed on the chest wall. The blood pressure cuff is fixed to the patient arm and the basal test started.
The whole procedure takes about 15 – 20 minutes.
Information reported in a 3D-CCG report include :
- The amount of blood pumped by the heart in one minute (Cardiac Output)
- The resistance against which the heart has to pump (Systematic Resistance)
- Volume of blood being pumped every beat (Stroke volume)
- Proportion of blood being pumped (Ejection Fraction)
It also provides information on whether a person has :
- Hardening of the arteries due to cholesterol deposits (Atherosclerosis)
- A tendency to have erratic beats (Arrhythmogenicity)
- Increased likelihood of clot formation (Thrombogenicity)
Who can undergo Cardiovascular Cartography:
Any adult (25 years and over):
- with a stressful lifestyle and/or family history of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD).
- with CAD symptoms (chest pain, shortness of breath etc).
- with other high-risk symptoms (Diabetes, High cholesterol, High BP, Obesity etc).
- who smokes/consumes tobacco regularly.
- who consumes alcohol regularly.
- who has had a prior heart attack and is undergoing treatment.
3D CCG is also Useful for Heart patients:
- To determine the extent of heart disease (previous heart attacks)
- To monitor effectiveness of their treatment
- Follow up after angioplasty (PTCA) to detect recurrence.
- Follow up after by-pass surgery (CABG)
- Safe and totally non-invasive procedure.
- No hospitalization necessary (30 min procedure)
- No injection, no catherization, no anesthesia and no radiation.
- No pain, risk or after-effects including no physical or mental strain.
- Can be repeated multiple times unlike invasive methods.
- Generates a detailed 5 page color report assessing functional status of the heart.
- Reports even small blood flow reduction caused by blockages as low as 10%
- Reports Myocardial (Heart muscle) blood flow and Oxygen demand/supply for every heart beat
- Very cost-effective compared to other cardiac tests